Topical anaesthetic of the skin
Prior to needle insertion, vaccination, blood sampling and superficial
Why choose emla?
emla® is recommended as a topical anaesthetic to numb the skin before certain procedures. emla patches are recommended for needle insertions, vaccinations, and anaesthesia of other small areas of skin. emla patches are available in packs of 2 or 20. emla cream is recommended for superficial surgical procedures, minor superficial cosmetic procedures, and anaesthesia of larger areas of skin. emla cream is available in 5g tubes with dressing or 30g tubes.
Topical anaesthetic cream
for use prior to the following procedures:
- Needle insertions e.g. blood sampling
- Superficial surgical procedures
- Genital skin procedure e.g. circumcision
- Split skin grafting (transplantation of skin)
- Cleaning of leg ulcers
- Minor superficial cosmetic procedure e.g. hair removal, tattoo removal
Topical anaesthetic patch for use prior to
the following procedures: